If you guys follow me on Instagram, you might’ve noticed that I’m very often with this beauty, Louise Roe. Louise is a badass female entrepreneur juggling TV hosting jobs around the globe, charity work and a successful blog all at the same time. Basically, she’s #goals. I’m super lucky to be able to work closely with her on her blog Front Roe, helping with photography and editing, content creation, social media and more. It’s the best, as Louise genuinely is the kind, generous and hilarious person she appears to be on social media, in real life.
Being a bit of a “power duo” ourselves (at least we sometimes feel that way after long, productive, often crazy workdays together!), we were so excited when La Prairie asked us to try their brand new Line Interception Power Duo. It’s a revolutionary anti-aging product that contains both a day SPF cream and a night cream within 1 bottle, and is formulated to reduce the appearance of 3 types of wrinkles (expression lines, sun-induced fine lines, and creases/folds) in just 14 days and 14 nights. Since we’re gearing up for the craziness that is New York Fashion Week, we thought it was the perfect time to try it out.
Louise is the quintessential morning person (often heading to workouts and sending me emails at like 6am, she’s crazy!), and I’m most definitely a night owl. So, Louise focused on the daycream aspect of the product while I represented for the night. We also have totally different skin types, so we were curious to see how we’d both feel after 14 days & nights. First of all, I’m obsessed with how the product smells (basically anything from La Prairie is guaranteed to smell amazing), and also the texture. It melts into your skin and doesn’t feel greasy at all, and I’d wake up each morning with my skin feeling super hydrated. After 14 days, some of the tiny fine lines on my forehead that seem to be showing up more as I inch towards 30 feel much more smoothed over, and my complexion in general looks more even. Since Louise and I both are obsessed with skincare, we rounded up our top tips to make taking care of your skin easier, quicker, and more effective – perfect for girlbosses on the go:
1) Drink water. Celebs always tout water as their skincare secret weapon, because it works. Staying extra hydrated helps add bounce to your skin, while also making the skin more able to absorb helpful products.
2) Exfoliate twice a week. Using a high quality exfoliator is great for sloughing off dead skin cells, and also because you only have to use it twice a week, max. Try one like this.
3) Never, ever forget your SPF. This one’s a biggie – SPF is your best friend in combatting the signs of aging, so that’s where the Line Interception Power duo comes in handy. It’s both an anti-aging product and SPF in one.
4) Use night cream religiously. This goes hand in hand with the above step – both are totally essential steps to your daily routine. Again, the Power Duo makes life easy by being both a night cream and anti-aging product in one.
5) Sleep in on Saturdays. Girlbosses need their beauty sleep. While you’re probably up early hustling Monday through Friday, give yourself some extra zzz’s when the weekend hits. Your skin will thank you.
Thank you to La Prairie for sponsoring this post